Desktop as a Service
Small businesses can run into a multitude of issues when it comes to information technology (IT). Issues that pop up frequently are things such as data security, licensing requirements, server maintenance, virus protection, disaster recovery, etc.
So who does all that at your company? The answer, for some of those issues, no one. For the rest, it may be an employee that is “good with computers,” a contracted IT company, on-site IT or the boss.
- The employee that is good at computers probably has a job to do that generates revenue for your company - should they really be spending their time playing IT? What happens if they make a mistake that costs you time and money?
- Your contracted IT company may not be moving at the same speed as your business. How much money are you losing waiting for them to arrive when there’s a problem?
- Having an on-staff IT expert is great. Couldn't their time be better spent on projects that bring money into your company. instead of worrying about desktop support and fixing problems?
- The boss: You already know the reason – you need to worry about growth of your business and don’t have time to be the IT person as well.
You may find yourself in a bit of a spot if you have a great IT person(s) but they are always fixing desktop problems rather than focusing on the big picture. If your empoyees are spending time working as IT, instead of doing their jobs, how does this benefit your business? Rather than fretting with these types of issues, Allied Communication can tailor a hosted desktop solution to meet the needs of your business.
TALK TO A CLOUD EXPERT AT NO COST OR RISK TO YOU
GET IT TOUCH: 505-899-4492
A quality Hosted Desktop Solution can get you out of the IT business and let you focus on YOUR business by:
Providing Data Security
If your company takes credit cards, you need to take extreme precautions to make sure to are staying compliant to federal laws. What happens if an employee is able to copy that device onto a flash drive and it’s accidentally lost or stolen?
- Settings can prevent copying of any data to a local machine
- State-of-the-art firewalls and protection are managed by the host, not the customer
- Data is stored on the host server - not the machine. It can't be accessed without the user's password but is still there for the user to access.
- Compliance issues managed by the host.
- Back-ups are automatic - and off-site
Enabling Employees to Bring Their Own Device - without risking security
- You will be able to access your desktop on any internet-connected device and switch between devices on the fly.
- You will have the ability to have employees work on a "Bring Your Own Device" basis where since many of your employees already own tablets - you won't have to fund buying duplicates for them.
- You will be able to have employees connected to the printer of your choice either directly or over a network.
Ensuring Business Continuity and Disaster Recovery
Both small- and large-scale disasters can eliminate productivity and, depending on your outage time, can potentially put you out of business. Our off-site back-up facilities not only give customers geo-redundancy, they also allow for a distributed workforce in case of something going terribly wrong where your data is stored.
Protecting Your Business From Viruses and Spam
- Hackers are smart and like to cause problems whether it is for money or just entertainment. Obviously, there is antivirus software but hackers are always finding new ways around it. For your business, computer viruses can cost thousands in antivirus software, lost data, and lost productivity. If files are kept local to your machine, infections on local devices cannot spread to the hosted environment.
- With computers, as with any machine, there is obsolescence. After a while they just stop working like they are supposed to. Rather than moving licenses and re-installing software, if everything is in the cloud, you can simply boot up a new computer, log-in and you’re ready to go since everything is hosted remotely.
Enabling a Mobilized Workfoce
You may have employees, such as salespeople, that are constantly out of the office but still need access to their data. You also may have other employees that need to travel a lot or ones that aren’t even in the same city as where your offices are located. Distributed workforce services make it so outside sales people, travelling employees and telecommuters have full access to all their files and documents on appointments. Besides just outside sales people, hosted desktop also makes telecommuting feasible. Want to hire someone regardless of where they live? You can find the right person for the job, regardless of geographical issues and save money by potentially eliminating your office space altogether.